Thursday, August 2, 2012

Literary London

I wandered down Charing Cross Road yesterday and into book heaven. Here are a few of the bookshops I came across. 

Soho Original Books, Henry Pordes Books, Any Amount of Books. Charing Cross Road, London.
I bought John Banville's new release Ancient Light at Foyle's Bookshop, host to multiple author appearances and home to a cafe. What a book lover's dream! In Olympic spirit my friend Lucy and I had to find the five bananas hidden around the room for a chance at a free coffee. Neither of us drink coffee, but we failed nonetheless. 

Wandering around Whitechapel and Shoreditch I came across the 200 year old man himself, Charles Dickens, and an olde worlde book fayre poster. 


If you have any ideas for more literary London haunts I should visit, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment